Monday, March 8, 2010

Finally Finished!

I have been working on a project for about two years and I finished it this afternoon. We digitized all of our slides--thousands of them. I added to this collection all the digital pictures that I and others have taken over the years. I have over 10,000 pictures in my digital collection. All of these pictures have now been sorted into categories, labeled, dated, numbered sequentially, and tagged. At this point if I want to pull out all the pictures in which a certain person appears, I can do so easily.
For example, if I want to pull up all the pictures in which Maria is in, I just check her name in my tagged pictures. 1163 pictures appear in which Maria is in the image with other people. Now if I want to find those pictures in which she appears by herself, I click on another file--nearly 250 pictures. Then, let's say Maria wants a copy of all the pictures in which she appears with her Grandmother Scott. I can now pull that up quickly--14 pictures including this one of four generations: Bonnie Scott, myself, Maria and Courtney.

Just playing with the program and experimenting with just Maria's family I found this picture! It brought back such precious memories of a sweet little boy and cute little bunnies. It is well worth the hundreds of hours of work to find photos such as this that can so easily get "lost" in thousands of pictures. It is hard to believe that Seth is now finishing up his first year of university. I am proud of that young man and the goals he has set.
Or how about this one. I highly suspected Fred had indoctrinated all his grandchildren with Donald Duck comics. Here is the proof!
And one more picture I just have to share. To me it epitimizes the love between generations and the priceless joy of a newborn child--grandmother (me), daughter (Laura) and grandchild (Sarah).

2 comments:

Courtney said...

wow! that is so cool! what a neat project.

Tanya said...

I know you and Dad have been working on it for ages. Isn't it great when you finally finish a LONG project? Great job -- I can't wait to get my pictures from you.