Monday, August 8, 2011

Report on a Two Year Goal

I was about fourteen the first time I read the Book of Mormon all the way through.
In January, 2010, I set a goal to read all the standard works of the Church in two year's time.  I made it with five months to spare!  During 2010, I read the Old Testament and the Pearl of Great Price and started on the New Testament.  I took on a challenge of reading the Book of Mormon by the end of April, so I read it concurrently while finishing the New Testament.  On July 31, 2011 just before attending church I finished reading the Doctrine and Covenants.   I read all the standard works from cover to cover, marking verses that were personally meaningful for me as well as taking notes.  Since my youth, I had read the Book of Mormon a number of times and the New Testament several times but not as often as the Book of Mormon.  The Pearl of Great Price is short so I covered that many times as well.  The Doctrine and Covenants and the Old Testament, I have to admit, I have never read cover to cover.  I had read many parts of both books many times over but not all of either book.  Since we will be traveling in the Mediterranean this fall, I want to read the New Testament again especially from Acts on so my travels will be more meaningful.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love that you posted a picture of you in your younger years!