Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Lesson Learned At Sunset

One evening a few nights ago as my husband and I were driving home in a westerly direction a beautiful scene was displayed before our eyes. Much of the sky was dark with clouds and the sun was hidden by a large cloud but the sun’s rays were able to burst forth both from above and below the cloud. The sun’s rays were pure white, almost iridescent, streaming upward from the silver lining that edged the top of the cloud and illuminated the clouds above it. The rays pouring forth at the base of the cloud were golden in color and shown down on the tops of the mountains. The base of the cloud was much darker in color yet was edged in a deep hue of gold.
As I meditated on this beautiful scene, it struck me how our life here on earth and our relationship with our Heavenly Father can be depicted in this same way. The pure white rays and the silver lining of the cloud reminded me of the promises of eternal life and the celestial kingdom. I thought of how while here on earth, we can bask in the golden rays of our Heavenly Father’s love even though there is a veil of clouds that hides him from our view and dark clouds of gloom may come our way. It was a testimony to me that even when life is dark and cloudy I can still feel of His love. Heavenly Father is there and He does love us.
Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me and so I was unable to capture the beauty of this scene on film.  The picture above is of my husband and me standing on a beach in the Netherlands a a number of years ago.  Cheryl, a teenager at that time, snapped this picture.  The beauty captured is another example of this wonderful world God created for us to enjoy.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I have to admit that is a pretty cool photo! I agree with what you have said. I love looking at beautiful sunsets and just thinking about all my blessings. Love you!