Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year: Time for a New Beginning

After making our own pizzas last night about 7:30 after Christian got off work and then eating them, I decided it is time for a new beginning.  Christian was practicing his pizza dough tossing.  So my New Year's goals are:
  1. Monday, Fred and I will start on the Rotation diet and follow it precisely, including 8 glasses of water and at least 1.5 hours of exercise per day.  The diet says you will lose a pound a day.  I'll be happy with 3-4 pounds a week.  I've got to lose my "holiday pounds."  I'm very glad I have kept exercising on a 5 day a week schedule for several years.  Otherwise I would hate to think how many pounds I would have to lose, now it is sort of like just a "tune-up."
  2. I will finish reading the New Testament, and read the Doctrine and Covenants and Book of Mormon.  My goal is to have read all the standard works in two year's time.  The Old Testament and Pearl of Price and a start on the New Testament happened last year.  I have been taking notes and marking verses that are meaningful to me that I haven't previous marked.
  3. I will finish writing my autobiography and figure out how to publish it.
Of course there are many other things I hope to accomplish, like continuing to work on family history research, attend the temple regularly, make some more DVD's, read a few good books, and visit our children and grandchildren.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Those are some awesome goals mom! My goal is to try and keep the pounds I gain toward the lower in during this pregnancy. So far not so good with all the morning sickness and then being down for 6 weeks with my back! Love you!

Courtney said...

Those sound like good goals. Daniel and I are trying to do better workouts this year. I have lost a little bit of weight since we started working out in July and now I want to build more muscle. :)

Tanya said...

Good goals mom. No comes teh hard part - sticking to them, but I'm sure you will.