Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Slip! Fall! Ouch!

There is more than one way to put on a "mask" for Halloween. Fred was determined to get all decked out early. You should have seen him before he was cleaned up. Blood all over his face partly because his nose was bleeding in addition to all the abrasions. Tonight he is getting pretty purple bruises.


If you look real carefully at his glasses, you can see they now have deep scratches in them; completely useless now. He is lucky they didn't break or he could have had some real damage to his eye. The worse part of his accident was a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder. He was referred by his doctor to an orthopedic doctor to determine the extent of the damage. It even hurts to lift his arm up high enough to eat. Hmmm. . .is this a new way to diet. It might work if he didn't have a left arm.
How did he do this? Sort of embarrassing. He was coming home from working out in the gym at the clubhouse and didn't notice the step down from the walkway to the road and went right down on his face and right shoulder. People came running, helped him up and into the clubhouse where they determined he didn't appear to have a head injury but was just banged up good from his fall. Someone called me and I drove back to the clubhouse to pick up Fred since he couldn't drive. (I walk to the clubhouse and back home and had already returned home before Fred was ready to leave.)

6 comments:

Maria said...

Oh my gosh!! Dad, that looks bad. I'm so sorry that happened. Let me know what the doc says about the shoulder.

Cheryl said...

OUCH Dad! I'm so sorry you fell. That's one way to get attention... I love you and will be thinking about you. Hope your shoulder can heal on it's own and not need surgery. Let me know.

Courtney said...

oh! poor grandpa.. that sounds (and looks!) painful.

Unknown said...

I think you have the perfect mask for Halloween - just put some more blood on the scrapes :) Hope everything gets better.

Unknown said...

That comment is by Tanya not Christian by the way.

Susan and Don said...

Ouch! That is something I would do (and have done.)