Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Busy Four Weeks

It has been a busy four weeks. On August 23 after church we drove to Utah to nurse Cheryl when she came home from the hospital. For the next week she was pretty much down with her leg immobilized and elevated after the muscle relocation and skin graft. Her dressing had to be changed every day. That was an experience but it was interesting as well as very gratifying to watch the healing taking place on her leg after months of it not healing. Her leg has slowly healed until now she can get around on it slowly and carefully without the aid of a brace or crutches. The graft has taken! How very grateful we are to have prayers answered.Along with the care of Cheryl and her household, there were moments of fun such as the day Addie "fixed" my hair. Don't you like all my ponytails and colorful ribbons?!
Brayden and Cambrie were always excited to go to school and it was a joy to share in their excitement each day as I helped them prepare and sent them on their way.
Then came the call. . .Courtney was in the hospital with an emergency appendectamy. Once she got out of the hospital, Daniel brought her up to Cheryl's home so I could nurse Courtney and Cheryl while Daniel went to school. We were glad we were available to help her.
After three weeks helping Cheryl, we drove home on a Friday and I flew to South Carolina on Sunday to help Laura after she had her ninth baby. Caleb was born on September 2. He has long dark hair and looks like a little Berry.

Caleb is our 22nd grandchild. We have eleven granddaughters and eleven grandsons. Yeah! I love being a grandmother.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am so glad you posted pictures of Caleb! How much fun for you to go up there. Thanks for all your help mom. I love ya.

Maria said...

You have always been a great example of service. Those weeks are just a small part. The girls and I loved visiting you this past weekend!

Susan and Don said...

Thanks for the update - I love staying in touch this way! That is wonderful you can be of such service to all your family.
I love the name Caleb! He looks so very wise and handsome.

Tanya said...

You look so cute with ponytails and bows. I think you need to have Addie do your hair more often:)

sharannyl said...

So much going on in your lives. I wonder often what I will do after my kids leave the nest...I guess I don't really need to worry. I'll make the rounds like Aunt Karen. Cheryl continues to be in my prayers and it's really exciting to see Laura's #9. My babies never had hair. Very cute!